Saturday, May 31, 2014

AGAIN!!–May 28, 2014

Yes – again!  Unbelievable as it may seem!!!

The rear end of our cute red car is once again – smashed up.  And I am wondering if I have a bull's-eye on my back with a sign that says “Hit Me”.  I must!

No one wants to hear this story – again – but…it’s what happened after that is the real story. 

So I am stopped for traffic at one of the busiest bus stops in all of Suva and this young man in a large SUV runs into my rear.  We won’t take the time to discuss my reaction other than to say that I finally got out and went back to talk with him – he hasn’t gotten out of his car.

And he tells me that he has to go – that he is in a very big hurry, and I am surprised to say the least.  I walk back to my car to put on the hazard lights and he pulls up along side of me.  I roll down my window and he says, “I can’t stay, I have to go and I jumped out of my car to talk to him through his window.

At this point he hands me his drivers license (no really) and says “give me your phone number and I will call you tomorrow!”  So I give him my phone number and write down his and his license plate as well and off he goes!  Is that amazing or what?

The next morning he calls me and says, “Please don’t call the police, and then he tells me that he was late to take an exam and after the exam when he actually thought about it, figured out he should never have given me his drivers license – ya think? 

Well, at this point I just have to fill out the accident report and the office will take care of the rest.  And the car wasn’t damaged nearly as badly as the last time, but I am back to being highly gun shy when I am on the roads. 

Unbelievable!  Oh, and I am calling off any of my extra-curricular driving!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment